Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Better Then China Buffet Egg Rolls!

O.k. So I know some of my friends have wanted my egg roll recipe and I apologize for my negligence in getting it to you!!! So here is not only the recipe, but a play by play By yours truly :) This recipe makes an insane amount of egg rolls so I'll cut the recipe 1/2 for ya :) 
Ingredients
1 head green cabbage, Shredded
1-2 carrots, Shredded
1/4 cup sausage grease (What I do is I cook up 1 lb sausage and drain RESERVING GREASE and use 1/2 the amount of grease from that to make this recipe. And use the meat for pizza, casseroles, gravy, etc. Or you could add it to your egg rolls. I prefer it without.)  
1 t ground ginger 
1/4-1/3 cup Brags Liquid Aminos OR Soy Sauce 
1 package egg roll wraps (these can be found in the produce department at Walmart) 
Oil for frying (I use LouAnna Coconut Oil)  

Here's what ya need 

Shred cabbage and carrots 

Heat sausage grease and lightly brown ginger in it until bubbly (DO NOT BURN!) 


Add cabbage and carrot 

Add Brags Liquid Aminos and 1/2 cup or so of water if needed
Cook until Cabbage is tender 

DRAIN WELL BEFORE FILLING WRAPS!!! 

To fill wraps, place about 3 tablespoons of filling in the middle of wrap and spread out long ways on the wrap 

Fold corners in like you were gonna make an envelope using water to seal the seams 




Fry until golden brown 

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! They smell soooo good! 

You could freeze them in freezer bags for another day or serve them fresh! I like to freeze them in quart sized bags and take them out and microwave them or warm in the oven them. Yield: Makes about 21 egg rolls. I eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner :) Most of my family loves them! They're so delish! Enjoy!!!!!!!!! 
(comment of you tried and liked them! Or if you have any questions)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no coment.......;) They do look good tho....just wish I thought they tasted good. perhaps next time I see you, you can make me one?=)
ENW

Unknown said...

Oh but they're soooo delish! I will make you eat one next time you're at my house! Hahahaha! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay. I will! but only for you dear!!;)
ENW